Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I am a Black Friday Junkie!

To all of you out there who think shopping on Black Friday is crazy, you are sooo right. But even with as crazy as it is, its still sooo much fun! Ok, here is how it played out for me this year:

I spent Thanksgiving at my sister Jen's in Idaho, where we had a small but fun dinner. It was just me and her family, but they were excited, and we spent the morning checking out the ads. Later that afternoon Jen and I headed to Utah to meet up with Melissa and make our plan of attack. We met at the Ogden movie theater to see the movie Twilight, and then discussed our ideas. We came to the conclusion that Walmart would be the best choice to start this year. They seemed to have the most deals on the things that we wanted, and we could wait inside instead of in the cold. (Last year we went out at 3 and waited for 2 hours in the cold so the idea of waiting inside was very nice. )

We decided that we would head to Walmart at 3 am, but we wanted to stop by there on Thursday evening to just scope out where our items would be so we would know where to go when we got there at 3. This was around 10 pm. When we got to Walmart, we found out that the electronic stuff we wanted would be in the back where they used to have lay away, and we would have to wait in line to get it. There were a few women already in line, and we wanted to be near the front so we decided to just stay there. Yes, I did say stay there!!! I know I know, we are crazy, but it was just the 3 of us with no kids, so why not?

We wandered through walmart and got some pillows and blankets and a puzzle, and we had the entire grocery department if we got hungry. The night passed fairly fast with our puzzle, and we had fun checking out the people that came in. The lines got HUGE at 3, and it got a little scary crazy. People who do this are NUTS! When 5 am hit, everyone screamed, and the madness began. I have rarely seen grown women fight over stuff like that.

We were first in line for what we wanted, so we were lucky and got everything. Melissa even got her laptop, and walmart only had 3 on stock so we were happy. We were done and home by 5:30. Now I know it sounds crazy, and it is, but we had a blast and are planning on making it a tradition!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So what did you get??