Ok, I know Thanksgiving was last week, but I didnt get a chance to post my list of things I am thankful for. This year has been a year of huge changes for me, and there have been many times I didnt think I could make it through one more night or one more week. But here is the end of the year, and I am still standing! I guess it just shows that whatever we are faced with, we are given the strength to get through it. So here is my list of thanks:
1. Friends, old and new! This also means family, immediate and extended. When my life fell apart this year, I learned who were my real friends, and how much they really cared about me. There were alot of people who just kept their distance when I needed them, and those who showed their loved and support really made a huge difference to me.
2. Sisters! My sisters are my best friends, and have been there to lean on and pick me up when I needed it, and to vent to, and talk to, and just be with. Melissa moved in, and just having her around makes the days easier, and my kids absolutely love her. And right after Bryan moved out, Melissa made it a point to come spend some quality one on one time with my kids when I couldn't be with them. She has been my life saver this year!
3. My faith and church. I have learned more about myself and what I believe in this year than I have probably most of my life. I learned my father in heaven is there for me no matter what, and he loves me more than I can ever understand. I have learned I have a deep knowledge of the truth of the church, and even though sometimes we all struggle with things, it is still there and true and the rock we all need to lean on.
4. MY KIDS!!!! My kids are my life! They make me smile and laugh, drive me crazy, can bring me to tears in the drop of hat, and can make me laugh again all at once. Having the four of them can definitely bring alot of crazy days, but I wouldn't change it for the world. On my birthday my kids were trying to guess what I wished for my birthday wish. Gracee said "You want an orange face and big ears huh mommy!" I have no idea where that came from. Then Valerie said "I bet you wish you didnt have so many kids!" Without hesitating even a second, I told her no way, I love all my kids, and want them all. And I mean it! They are my world, and everything I do is for them.
5. The warm weather. Ok, I know this one seems silly, but really I am sooo thankful for the weather up here right now. I hate the winters, they always seem to get me down. And this year I really don't need something else to make it easy to get down. So, the fact that the weather is warm and its december and I can still walk around without a coat on is a huge thing to be thankful for.
6. My mom. My mom and I have been talking more this year, and I really am blessed to have such a wonderful mom. She is a great woman, and I love her.
There are still a long list of things that I am thankful for, but I dont have time to list them all. Some of them are: gas prices falling, school starting and grants, my job, my house, my neighbors, good health, great babysitters, and the list goes on. I hope you all have just as many things to be thankful for as I do. Have a great holiday season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I really enjoyed your thankful list.
I'm thankful to have a marvelous friend like you... Through thick and thin we stick like glue!
(I totally just made that up!)
Love you lots!
Post a Comment