Monday, March 2, 2009

The Friendly Spider

This is the conversation I just finished having with Lizzie, but first let me set the scene:
Luke and Lizzie refuse to go to sleep tonight, so Melissa and I agreed to let them stay up as long as they stayed in their room and played quietly. About an hour after they have been playing, they come running down the stairs with news. This is what was said:

Lizzie: There is a spider in our room
Me: Did you say hi to it?
L: No
M: Why not? Its a nice spider (this response is my attempt to ignore them because they are coming up with any excuse to not sleep.)
L: It is?
M: Yep
L: It can talk? (with head tilted sideways)
M: Ya.
L: Oh, what's its name?
M: Billy Joe
L: Oh!
Melissa: Go say hi. It might wave to you.
L: With its tiny legs? Melissa said the spider's at the Wilson's were nice, and now this one is nice. They must be friends.
M: Ok. Go say hi to it.

A few minutes later....

L: Its not nice!
M: Did you say hi?
L: Yes, and it was mean. Come kill it
M: ( at this point desperately trying to not laugh) Ok.

We get to the room, and we cant find it, so I give Lizzie a shoe with instructions to smash it when they find it. A few minutes later....

L: Its sleeping now.
M: K, now you go sleep
L: Ok!

Of course, they did not go sleep, but it sure made me laugh! What an imagination!!

2 comments:

Amy Allred said...

What a little ball of personality! That is a cute story!

Heidi Kjar said...

I wish I had some ideas for the 10 year reunion, but I can't think of any! Well okay so here's one but its pretty standard- at mine we all went around and said our names and what we are up to these days on the microphone- but I actually hated doing that so sorry ha ha not much help!Your pic at the top of your kids is DARLING- I bet you are a proud little mom with all those cute kids:)