Monday, November 10, 2008

Im Home!

Hey everyone! Just thought I would let you know... Im home from Seattle! And I had a GREAT time! No sleep... but still a great time. I went for the national conference for CIEE, the foreign exchange student program I work with. I earned it last year, and have been so excited. I have never been to Seattle, so this was very exciting!

The first thing I noticed before the plane even landed was just how BEAUTIFUL it was there. I could see the trees were all turning colors, and there was sooo much water! The weather was a little rainy, but overall really really nice. I stayed at the Renaissance hotel, which was within walking distance of Pike's Market. I enjoyed shopping, and actually got to catch a fish (when it was thrown to me... not on a fishing pole!) We ate dinner at a great restaurant, and the seafood everwhere was so good and fresh. I could eat seafood forever! The Pugent Sound was georgous, and I loved seeing the ferry boats. It was all stuff I haven't really seen before, so very exciting!

While we were there, CIEE announced next year's conference locations, and I can't wait! The national conference is....... in Savannah, Georgia! I have been to Atlanta, but never Savannah and I can't wait to see all the history there! And the international conference is........ in Costa Rica!!! WOW!!!

Ok, so those of you who are reading this are now thinking what can I do to go??? Well, anyone who wants to potentially host a student (yes, you really do want to! I just know you do!) let me know and i can help you get set up. We let you pick what student you want, so its really cool. And if you are interested in going on the trips or earning way good extra money, you can do what I do. Its fun, and you make money and go on trips, and there is no cost for you! Its all just set up. And the trips are actually really easy to earn. So, let me know. K, have a great day!

3 comments:

Amy Allred said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I bet it is nice being able to get away every once in a while.

Valerie Christensen said...

Ohhhh I am so jealous right now. Seattle is one of my favorite places ever! I'm glad you made it to Pikes Place and had some yummy seafood. Did you go to the space needle? It isn't too far from Pikes Place (we always take the monorail). I would pretty much love it if we ended up there after school, but we will see about that. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good time!!