Dating is an interesting thing. You can have a horrible date that you thought was going to be great, an ok date that you thought was going to be horrible, or a date thats not really a date that ends up being the most fun! And Im learning that even though I thought I knew what dating was... I was sooooo wrong. Is it a date when you are hanging out with a friend and his daughter watching tv? What about if he sends his daughter to the babysitter for the evening so you can just hang out together? Then does it suddenly become a date? At what point does being friends stop and dating start???? I dont know, and Im not really sure I will figure it out soon, but either way, its all good.
This time the "date" (if that's what you want to call it) went very well. I have this friend (ok so I met him by going on a date with him but it is better as friends right now) and he knows I like a few shows on tv that I can't currently watch cuz I dont have cable. So he DVR'd them for me so I could catch them later. The catch was to watch them I had to go to his house. We started out by going to his friend's baptism (he was baptizing his daughter), and that was kind of cool. Then we went back to his place and hung out watching my shows, and playing with his daughter who is 7. She has this super curly hair, and I straightened it for her because he wanted to know how to straighten hair (he is a single dad raising her so he needs to know this kind of stuff.) Then he sent her to a babysitter so we could just hang out. I guess this is the point where it turns more into a date. He did all the right things. 1: Bought all my favorite treats ahead of time so I would have something to snack on. 2: Made me dinner (YES I did just say made me dinner!) 3. Didn't care that the shows I wanted to watch that he taped were girly shows. 4: He had to go to work that night (He works the night shift) so it worked out well that we weren't out too late.
It was a great day, and I sooo needed a day of just relaxing. He sent me home with the leftover treats and drinks (Another great thing to do!) and told me he would call me later. And he wasn't pushy or crazy or anything. This one counts as a good date. So now the score is even. What will happen on the next one???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun. He sounds like a great guy.
Yay for a good date!! :) Good luck and keep us informed!!
that sounds like a thoughtful boy. hmm, maybe date # 2 for him!
Post a Comment