So, this last weekend was my sister's quilt retreat, and I was sooo excited to go. (Yes, I did just say quilt retreat!) For those of you who are like me, when I picture quilt retreat I picture a bunch of tired old ladies sitting around quilts, pricking their fingers while working to finish a blanket for some old friend or grandaughter or someone who is getting married. Yes.. that is what I thought of too last year when she invited me, and I thought there is no way I want to spend my weekend staring at a quilt and making my fingers pincushions. But last year I reluctantly went up, thinking I would work on my kids halloween costumes while everyone else became pincushions. I was soooo wrong.
The Quilt Retreat is actually a fun, relaxing weekend in which a whole bunch of women get away from their families and husbands and worries and everything else and spend the weekend having fun together. Most of the women worked on pieced quilts, and I dont have a ton of experience with that, so I just sewed a blanket for my daughter. Now, I am not as good at making my lines straight as everyone else, but yes, I did finish my blanket! And since it is for a sweet four year old little girl, she wont care that its not straight. I love it, and she will too.
So overall, ther retreat was a much needed break from my crazy life, and I wil continue to spend my one weekend in October at the crazy pincushion quilting retreat, and will love every minute of it! ... PS .... Anyone who wants to join me for this weekend... just let me know!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I wanna go!! :) Hopefully I'll be able to go next year! I'm glad you had a good time!
YEAH for Miranda! I am so excited to keep up and see what's going on. Your kids are so cute and getting so big.
Post a Comment