Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Does it get easier??

Ok, so here I am thinking that as the kids get older it will get easier.... wrong! I have to just say that I have a very stubborn little girl that is so exhausting. First of all, Grace has sleep apnea and will be getting her tonsils out on the 20th. And she will be getting tubes put in her ears for the second time, which is great cuz she has had an ear infection every month for the last 4+ months. Ok, back to the story. So Sunday night I had dinner on the table at 4, thinking we would eat early and then make cookies. By 6:15, Luke and Grace were still not doen eating so I sent them to bed telling them they would not get to make cookies. 2 hours is PLENTY of time to eat dinner right? Well, Luke goes off knowing thats how it goes and got in bed. (He did NOT however stay in bed and spent time in time out!) Grace decides going to bed is not okay, and launches into a fit to beat all fits. I mean it was insane! I heard everything from "Mommy you are sooo not nice" to " If you let me make cookies I will stop screaming at you!" It literally went on for over an hour and a half. Well, ok so maybe I am a mean mommy and the meanest person in the world, but really.... over 2 hours for dinner?? Does anyone elses kids take that long? What do you do to make them eat???

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Repeat after me: "I am a good mommy not a mean mommy!" Good! Now say it at least 50 times until you have convinced yourself!

Seriously, you have a lot on your hands and being "mean" with your kids is must. Keep at it. Good results will come! And I personally think you did the right thing. Go you!

Dana said...

Oh my dear, we all blog about the happy moments in our lives, but in reallity it is an uphill battle everyday at our house to get the kids to eat what I make them. You'd think that I specialize in cat food or something. We have had the 2 hour dinners before and believe me, you are doing the right thing!

Doesn't it just bite when you want to do something fun with your kids, but then they act up and you have to be the bad person? Why why why???

Love ya, hang in there.
Dana

Valerie Christensen said...

Wozers...tough night. I have no advice for ya, as my child never throws fits, always eats his dinner, and never tells me I'm not nice. Muwhahahahah---I am 100% kidding, of course (well not about him telling me I am not nice--one advantage to him not talking yet?) Hang in there girl!

Oh and quick question. I noticed a few posts back that you had some pretty nifty vinyl on your wall. Where did you get it? Or do you have some crafty friend with a vinyl cutter? I see places online where you can buy it, but I thought I would ask you first.

So this might be the longest comment I have ever left. Sheesh I should just write you an e-mail.

Mistress of Mayhem said...

Okay, so my comment is. Yeah, we all go through it. They do it because the think that we are going to collapse under the pressure of being terrorized by a toddler. In response, I give another thing to repeat to yourself, "We do not negotiate with terrorists! We do not negotiate with terrorists!"

Daisha said...

If Tyce doesn't eat...he goes to bed hungry. He knows it too. I am NOT a short order cook and he may not have anything but water the rest of the night if he doesn't eat. PERIOD!

Stick to your guns or you will sooooooooo regret it. Remember that if you give them an inch...they will take a mile.