Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I went home!!!

Every heard the line "You can always go home?" So true! Ok, so last week I had a really crazy, really bad week, and by Thursday morning decided I had had enough of my life. My kids are sick, my school is tough, my work is keeping me busy, and I just had had enough! So I called up my mom and asked if I could come home. I packed up the kids Thursday and we headed to AZ. It was such a needed trip! We went half way on Thursday, and stayed in a hotel in Page that night. My kids thought the hotel was sooo cool because we had our own bathroom. (They have never really been in a hotel) Then Friday we got up and went to Payson. When I got there, my mom and dad were waiting, and loaded up my kids and took them to Roosevelt lake to go camping. I stayed home, and took the time to clear my head and sort out some things. I got caught up on my homework, and then on Saturday spent the day with an old friend from high school. Its amazing how good it is to see old friends, and how important they are in my life. Sunday came and we headed home, but not without a feeling of tremendous relief. Coming home was just what I needed, and I hope to go home again soon. Sometimes, the only place you need to be is home!

4 comments:

Amy Allred said...

Good for you!! It's good to hear that you are able to realize when you need help. Your parents are awesome and I know they are there for you if needed. I'm here too, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on. Take a deep breath and take it one day at a time. GOod luck

Heidi Kjar said...

Awesome!! Do it more often- you totally are doing SO many things in your life right now- honestly don't know how you keep up....or keep sane for that matter! I guess you can just know there is relief in sight once school is done!! good luck to ya!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you took some time off! Go you!

trinathegranny said...

wow miranda, your parents are great. Home is where you can heal. that's how it should be. then you can leave and take the world on again. Give my love to your folks.