Ok, so you ever have one of those mornings where you realize just a little too late that you shouldn't have ever gotten out of bed? That would be my morning!!
It started out at 6:30 am when my lovely kids decided it was time to get out of bed. No, mom was not up, and yes, they stayed up way too late last night, but still, rise and shine. Of course they were so happy (ya right) and not fighting at all. If I was only so lucky! Who needs an alarm clock when you get to wake up to kids running around and screaming and 2 of them fighting and crying? You know, if they put that sound on an alarm clock buzzer, no one would ever sleep through their alarm again.
I sent the kids downstairs to continue the storm, and started getting ready for work. Not much of a surprise, Luke comes upstairs crying because someone looked at him wrong. Time to start the morning over for Luke! Back to bed with him. Then Emilee wakes up, and of course her attitude matches Luke's. So back to bed with her.
As I am getting ready, I hear a crash, and Valerie has decided to get the juice out of the fridge, and knocked out a bottle of salsa. It went all over the kitchen. So I did the only thing I could... got Missa out of bed to clean it. Hahaha. At this point, I was running way late, and left without doing my makeup. I can do it at work.
On the way to work, I realize I need gas in my car. I didnt get paid till today, so I had been waiting. Well.... I didnt make it to the gas station. I ran out of gas about a half mile from the gas station. Right in the middle of a construction site! The guys couldnt do their work with my car there, so they were so nice to give me some gas. (However, my face was so red from being embarressed I didnt even look up!)
Off to the gas station, where i realize I left my card at home, and only have a lil bit of cash in my pocket. Thank heaven its enough to get me gas and get me to work. Only 45 minutes late, but still. Get to work, finish my makeup, and now ready for the day.
Its one of those days where you can cry or laugh, and I choose to laugh. Lets hope the rest of the week doesnt follow this day! Have a great Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh man! What a day! I hope tomorrow is better! And you have such a good attitude--I love that about you!
Post a Comment