Thursday, February 5, 2009

Life is an Adventure

Today I got the best advice. I was kinda down on myself for alot of things, and just kinda struggling. I went by my school, and stopped into the Women's Center to get some information on a single moms group. While I was there, I started talking to the director of the program. We ended up spending an hour together, and she really gave me some good advice. She was a single mom for 20 years, and had kids similar in age to my kids, and could really sympathize. Anyways, she said the best thing she ever did was decide that "Life is an Adventure. It may not always be an adventure we want to repeat, but always an adventure!" It changed her whole outlook on her life, and where she was. I used to think about life that way, but lately it seems like I have let all the craziness get to me. I have often thought that things will eventually work out, but how long do I have to wait? I forget sometimes to stop and see all the wonderful blessings I have right now. So, here I am, deciding to work to change my outlook. My life is crazy and tough, but it is an adventure. I wonder what kind of adventures are ahead, but for now I am going to embrace this one.

6 comments:

Amy Allred said...

I just read your post and then checked my other cousins blog and she had this video on it and I thought of you. It is beautiful. Watch it and tell me what ya think. Hang in there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cetM5IDxWhc
Copy it and paste it if it wont let you click on it.
Love ya

Miranda said...

Thanks amy! I loved it! Sometimes you just need a lil reminder that it will get better. Love ya too!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wise woman. :)

Heidi Kjar said...

good attitude. It's true- yours is a busy adventure right now! I bet it will ease up a bit once you are done with school, etc.

Heidi Kjar said...

ps. that's cool you talked to that lady. I bet she had tons of good advice.

trinathegranny said...

Our burdens get easier, and soon we forget we are even carrying them. They didn't necessarily get lighter, we got stronger, and God helps us do more than we could do with His Grace.

God must really intend for you to get strong! He must really like you :D Keep Going and smiling!